On the 22nd of February 2015 something very exciting will be happening right here in the Mother City when Cape Town has the incredible honour of playing host to the First International Low Carb High fat Health Summit.
As if that wasn’t enough the Panel of International Experts that has been attracted by the Summit Hosts, Karen Thomson and Professor Tim Noakes is pretty incredible. This line up includes:
- DR ERIC WESTMAN M.D,M.H.S
- DR STEVE PHINNEY M.D, P.H.D
- DR JAY WORTMAN M.D
- CHRISTINE CRONAU
- DR ANDREAS EENFELDT M.D
- JIMMY MOORE
- ZOE HARCOMBE
- PROF TIM NOAKES MBCHB, MD, PHD
- DR ASEEM MALHOTRA MBCHB, MRCP
- DR ANN CHILDERS M.D
- DR GARY FETTKE M.B.,B.S.(UNIVERSITY NSW), F.R.A.C.S.(ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY),F.A.ORTH.A.
- JUDY CRANE
- KAREN THOMSON: ORGANISER
What is the Summit all about? Their website sums it up as follows:
The world is facing a tsunami of lifestyle-related chronic diseases that will cost our global economy $47 trillion over the next twenty years. These diseases are eminently preventable and treatable, and yet currently, every year, they kill twice as many people around the world as infectious diseases do.According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), in America, more than 1/3 of adults are obese as are approximately 12.5 million children. In South Africa our nation’s battle with the bulge is fast becoming a health epidemic. A survey by global healthcare company GlaxoSmithKline earlier this year confirmed that at least 60% or nearly two out of every three South Africans are overweight, obese or morbidly obese.
Prof Tim Noakes and Karen Thomson, founder of The Sugar Free Revolution Online Program, will be hosting The First International Low Carb, High Fat Health Summit with internationally acclaimed doctors and researchers in South Africa from 20-22 February 2015.
Prof Tim Noakes’s book, The Real Meal Revolution, has taken South Africa by storm. It has remained at the top of the South African bestsellers list and has just been announced as the winner of the 2014 Nielsen Booksellers Choice Award at the annual Sefika Awards.
Media frenzy has erupted and the ‘Banting diet’ as it has become known is spreading like wild-fire yet many medical professionals are claiming it to be dangerous and downright irresponsible to our health and wellbeing.
Could this be a case of cognitive dissonance?
Clearly, what we have been taught is not working. We need a different paradigm.
We need a different model.
We need a SOLUTION.
This is the aim of what is being hailed as the THE GREATEST GATHERING OF INTERNATIONAL LCHF EXPERTS UNDER ONE ROOF.
What to expect at the two-day medical summit
- The two-day medical professional’s health summit is aimed primarily at the medical practitioner and the content will focus on the scientific data, studies and facts surrounding a LCHF lifestyle. Presentations will include medical terminology. Case studies and research topics will be explored. After each presentation, a Q&A session will be held.
- The CPD points will be awarded to medical professionals attending the Health Summit:
- 20-21 February 2015: 14 CPD points
- 22 February 2015: 8 CPD points (can only be earned if 20-21 February has been attended)
- Total for three-day Health Summit: 22 CPD points.
- Medical Professionals from South Africa and abroad will be awarded with a CPD Certificate confirming their attendance.
What to expect at the one-day public health summit
- The one-day public health summit is geared more towards the everyday person who has an interest in following a LCHF lifestyle, or is following one already.
- The content will be geared towards the practical implementation of a LCHF diet and presentations will focus on frequently asked questions about weight loss, cholesterol, diabetes and nutritional benefits.
- Opportunity for delegates to ask personal questions relating to implementing LCHF into their lives. Speakers will draw from the content of their published books.
All books will be available to purchase at the event.
The spacious Jasminium Conservatory and adjacent Clivia Courtyard at The Cape Town International Convention Centre will provide ample space for delegate registration, an exhibition mini trade fair zone, luncheon and networking area.
Tickets can be booked here with an early bird discount applicable for booking before the 15th November 2014